The Corners of the Mouth (Providing Nourishment)
The Corners of the Mouth.
Perseverance brings good fortune.
Pay heed to the providing of nourishment
And to what a man seeks
To fill his own mouth with.
At the foot of the mountain, thunder:
The image of Providing Nourishment.
Thus the superior man is careful of his words
And temperate in eating and drinking.
6. The source of nourishment. Awareness of danger brings good fortune. It furthers one to cross the great water.
5. Turning away from the path. To remain persevering brings good fortune. One should not cross the great water.
4. Turning to the summit For provision of nourishment Brings good fortune. Spying about with sharp eyes Like a tiger with insatiable craving. No blame.
3. Turning away from nourishment. Perseverance brings misfortune. Do not act thus for ten years. Nothing serves to further.
2. Turning to the summit for nourishment, Deviating from the path To seek nourishment from the hill. Continuing to do this brings misfortune.
1. You let your magic tortoise go, And look at me with the corners of your mouth drooping. Misfortune.