Conflict. You are sincere
And are being obstructed.
A cautious halt halfway brings good fortune.
Going through to the end brings misfortune.
It furthers one to see the great man.
It does not further one to cross the great water.
Heaven and water go their opposite ways:
The image of Conflict.
Thus in all his transactions the superior man
Carefully considers the beginning.
6. Even if by chance a leather belt is bestowed on one, By the end of a morning It will have been snatched away three times.
5. To contend before him Brings supreme good fortune.
4. One cannot engage in conflict. One turns back and submits to fate, Changes one's attitude, And finds peace in perseverance. Good fortune.
3. To nourish oneself on ancient virtue induces perseverance. Danger. In the end, good fortune comes. If by chance you are in the service of a king, Seek not works.
2. One cannot engage in conflict; One returns home, gives way. The people of his town, Three hundred households, Remain free of guilt.
1. If one does not perpetuate the affair, There is a little gossip. In the end, good fortune comes.