Before Completion. Success.
But if the little fox, after nearly completing the crossing,
Gets his tail in the water,
There is nothing that would further.
Fire over water: The image of the condition before transition.
Thus the superior man is careful
In the differentiation of things,
So that each finds its place.
6. There is drinking of wine In genuine confidence. No blame. But if one wets his head, He loses it, in truth.
5. Perseverance brings good fortune. No remorse. The light of the superior man is true. Good fortune.
4. Perseverance brings good fortune. Remorse disappears. Shock, thus to discipline the Devil's Country. For three years, great realms are awarded.
3. Before completion, attack brings misfortune. It furthers one to cross the great water.
2. He brakes his wheels. Perseverance brings good fortune.
1. He gets his tail in the water. Humiliating.